Blaise Winter is a valued member of the Insightful Player® team. To be named to this team, one must be a person of integrity, such as a current or former NFL player, who shares their personal message of hope for the sole purpose of lifting the spirits of all, especially children.
Former NFL Player Blaise Winter
Formidable Harships Inspired His Mission to Strengthen
the Core of Humankind
Blaise Winter was born to set the world on fire. His mission is to justify his birth, glorify his God, and inspire others.
Blaise’s start in life was very challenging. As a young boy, he underwent painful surgeries to correct a cleft lip and palate; as well as surgeries to remove tumors from his ears that resulted in deafness in one ear. He spent many hours in speech therapy and was often teased by others. He was considered slow and without talent by teachers and coaches.
Even his home life was difficult and heartbreaking. His father was abusive, both physically and emotionally. Thoughts of suicide crossed Blaise’s mind more than once. He battled issues with anger but never gave up and never sought an easy way out.
Amazingly, he triumphed over the rocky start of his life to be named MVP of Syracuse University and having a successful 11 year career in the NFL playing for the Colts, Packers, and Chargers.
Blaise had two saving graces in his life, his mother and his great grandmother. They helped him get through difficult times as a kid. Both showed him unconditional love, devotion, and encouragement.
Blaise also found an interest in football. It was through football he developed self-esteem and was empowered to reach for new heights. He surrounded himself with good, trustworthy people who shared his passions. This motivated him even more. Throughout his journey to play football at Syracuse University, and eventually in the NFL, Blaise faced setbacks. As a high school senior, Blaise asked his coach help him find a college to play football for. He was told no college would have any interest because he didn’t have any talent. With his mother’s encouragement, Blaise kept pursuing his dream. Eventually a door opened and he enrolled in Syracuse University. From then on, many people came into Blaise’s life who had a tremendous and positive impact on him. With his determination and the encouraging people in his life, Blaise captured his dream of playing football in the NFL.
Today, Blaise is a motivational speaker and author of A Reason to Believe. Blaise teaches people how to believe in themselves, obliterate obstacles, and become unstoppable in pursuit of their dreams. He believes the dreams we have in our hearts are God given and it is our responsibility to go after them with all our might. Blaise’s inspiring and content rich live programs are in big demand. He is a genuinely powerful speaker who has a deep rooted passion for his audience. He naturally connects with his audience and elevates their spirits no matter what age, creed, race, or position they have in life.
Blaise is grateful for his beautiful wife and two sons. His family is the very center of his universe and he loves them deeply.
Because the sole purpose of the Insightful Player® initiative is to lift your spirit to awe-inspiring heights, the dramatically inspiring story of Blaise “Got to Love Him” Winter has to be told. He is a beacon lighting a path from devastating beginnings to rising to the joys and blessings of living your dreams.
Instant replay of Blaise’s guiding principles:
- If you had a rough childhood, don’t blame yourself. It’s not your fault. We have to deal with the cards we’re dealt. Look for an interest that motivates you and fuels your passion for life.
- Surround yourself with good, honorable people. They will encourage all that is good in you and propel you to be the best you can be. Pay attention and you’ll learn so much.
- When you find an interest, gather all the information you can about it. Doing so will help you develop a growing passion for that interest.
- You will have setbacks in life. Everyone does. Don’t let the setbacks discourage you from pursuing your dream. Be patient, learn from setbacks, and “keep on keeping on.”
- Personal development is imperative. There will be times you make mistakes and have done something wrong. Evaluate your behavior, admit wrongs, learn from mistakes, and keep your eyes on your goals.
- Dream big. Be willing to learn new things, take risks, and work hard to achieve what you want out of life. If you do this, you’ll be successful and you will also inspire others to be the best they can be.
The Insightful Player® series is brought to you by Coach Chrissy Carew, Hall of Fame Master Certified Personal and Business Coach and Author of her newly released book, INSIGHTFUL PLAYER: Football Pros Lead A Bold Movement of Hope. Chrissy has been deeply inspired by her father, the late Coach Walter Carew, Sr. Her father is in several Halls of Fame as a high school football coach and baseball coach (as well as high school and college athlete). He used sports to help kids build strong character and teach them valuable life skills. The Insightful Player® initiative was created to help make our world a much better place by inspiring youth. To contact Chrissy Carew visit http://www.insightfulplayer.com or call 603-897-0610.
©2009 Insightful Player, LLC